Thursday, December 24, 2015

WHEN EIGHTEEN WAS THE LEGAL AGE

For drinking in New Orleans, oh what a Golden Age that must have been.  I've heard talk of it from my older cousins in Mississippi, and my own sister got to take advantage of the statute after graduating from high school.  Those were the glory days.

Recently, I had the pleasure of taking a brief trip to the Big Easy and myself drank this sweet and refreshing St. Germain cocktail at the lovely Hermes Bar at Antoine's.
It would be a great one to reproduce for myself and other's this holiday season.  Also, I'm a big fan of these mulling spices from Martinelli's.  I always have a fantasy of making my own homemade mulled cider or wine, and even have the spices stashed away in my spice drawer, but in the end, these make up a delicious brew and are honestly fast and affordable in comparsion.  Throw in the convenience factor and it's done.  I usually spice apple juice or cider with them in a big pot then throw in a shot or two of rum per glass and voila, instant cheek ruddiness and warm spirits.  

Hope your Advent is swimming along festively.

This picture is straight up from 1893.  Do it ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment