Thursday, December 24, 2015

19

When I was 19 I felt almost grown up.

I was wrong.

Now I'm grown up and I feel like I'm navigating a grown up world to which there are no rules.  My dad wrote me the most moving Christmas letter the other day in which he highlighted the fact that he thinks my sister are I are navigating levels of stress that he and my mom did not have to navigate back in the day.  I'll never have his prospective, but it definitely sounds plausible.  Based on this fascinating and somewhat depressing article, the New York Times would agree.

But on the up note, 19 years is about the amount of time I've known most of my best college buddies.  This blows my mind, yet also feels sort of right when I think about how well they know me, what faithful friends they are, and the depth of support and insight that a long term friendship can provide.  I am so grateful for all my friends daily, both new and old.  Love, in every form, is truly what makes the world go round.  At least my world!

This is pretty much me and my college buddies in a nut shell

No comments:

Post a Comment