Thursday, December 24, 2015

SEVENTEEN SONGS FOR THE HOLIDAYS

Okay, seventeen more or less.  One of the best things about living in Austin is the AMAZING programming on our public radio station.  I'd never really fallen in love with radio until moving here, but both KUT (news) and KUTX (music) really bring it on a level I'd just never experienced before.  Like now, for instance.  If you're like me, that is, a music lover with very little time to discover and invest in new music, this list from KUTX is a life saver.  And here is the expanded version. Not that I'll have time to hunt down all the leads here to be riding their cutting edge wave of awesomeness, but at least it's a start. 
 

And along those lines, KUTX also plays just the right amount of Christmas music (like 3 days worth I think) from the furthest corners of the music maps, so if you're looking to play something festive in your holiday downtime or while entertaining, definitely consider streaming them live directly from www.kutx.org if it's possible.  I personally really don't like Christmas music, or though I didn't, until I heard what KUTX brought out from it's vaults.  Impressive and inspiring! 

No comments:

Post a Comment