Thursday, January 30, 2014

CHINESE NEW YEAR (FINALLY)

Missing this blog and those who read it something fierce.  We've finally emerged from the "fourth trimester" but honestly, the pace of this two-kids-now-back-to-work thing is relentless.  One of my close friends here in Austin is Chinese and she reminded me via text today that it's the Chinese New Year.  Thank God!  Like most people, I already blew my New Year's Resolutions in January so I always look forward to this chance to re-dedicate myself to the new year a second time around.  But before looking forward, here's a quick photo recap of the past few months:


Henny still loves being a big sister.  For any of you who knew the late, great Erika Smedstad, here is Henny in a pair of Erika's overalls from childhood.  Back in the late fall, Henny requested to wear them and I snapped these photos.  She loves them, and I love that she loves them.  Rest in peace, Erika Amerika. December was a time full of memories. And while Henny worked my memory by working her denim,
 
Thomas went through a fat skater dude phase.
 
 
 
 
Then he went through a stoner phase.
 
 
 
 We had many good mornings.
 

Then BOOM, the Fourth Trimester was over and our beautiful butterfly emerged
in all his blue-hooded glory...
 

I mean, it was pretty much like that.  Minus the hormones, the crying (theirs and mine), the diapers- oh how many diapers- and the many sleepless nights.

Anyway, you get the gist.  It's been a wild ride.  God Bless you 2013 plus January, but I'm STOKED the Chinese New Year has arrived.

No comments:

Post a Comment